Thursday, January 5, 2012

Health Care Reform Bomb


I ran across this little image while surfing today.  I think it sums up our dilemma over the Obamacare debacle quite nicely.  While I'm not 100% for or against the law, the way it has been implemented has never felt all warm and cozy.  There are many provisions in the law that I like; under 26 can stay on parents plans, the idea of no pre-existing conditions, and allowing states to offer competing companies.  However, if you allow a federal mandate to purchase insurance, then people run for the hills.

There has to be some sort of tort reform so that doctors can manage costs without fear of malpractice lawsuits IMO.  Or you could regulate what doctors and hospitals can charge without increase and then the cost of insurance would steady.

Is the ruling going to blow back in the face the administration?  Many think it will.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

I am always following Health Reform with great enthusiasm. I should post more to my blog when I find it. If there is something in particular you'd like to see, let me know.