Friday, March 19, 2010

What's in store for her?


     My daughter will be five months old on Sunday.  She is so beautiful and is growing so fast.  My heart skips a beat the moment I get home and see her toothless grin smiling when I come home.  A thought has been sitting in the back of my mind for a while, "What is she going to have to deal with 25 years from now"?  Will DC get their act together by the time she's an adult or will she have a broken system to fix?

     You see I believe there are stronger forces in play here than what we can see and hear.  The bible says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose"(Romans 8:28 KJV).  How can you not know that things are going to work for your good if you love God then?  I was very worried about this reform bill prior to the election in Massachusetts.  Once Scott Brown won I thought that Washington would come together and rethink the health care issue.  Ehhhh, not so much.

     The vote for this bill is eminent and for some reason we are being forced to swallow this bill hook, line, and sinker.  And I am not worried.  I pray for our nation daily, and I pray for President Obama.  Like it or not he is our leader and authority was granted to him from God the Father and He did so for a reason so who am I to judge Gods will?  Therefore it is not for me to decide or control.  I know it will work for the good no matter the outcome.

     So I will tell Zoe one day, I prayed for this nation and God has blessed it.  You do the same, daughter, and tell your child you prayed too.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love this! I'm praying too!